The chemical engineering analysis is a process through which certain specific scientific knowledge is applied to the problems of various practical problems in order to figure out the solution. The role of chemistry is important here and its application is dependent on the user. This is essentially used by students and future chemical engineers in order to analyze and create practical solutions to various kinds of problems.
There are different chemical components that are included in such an analysis such as mass transfer, multiple phase, chemical reaction etc. The purpose of such an analysis is also to determine the conservation of mass and subsequently energy. The application of the given principles will be relevant to the system that is being used. It is imperative to consider basic variables, units, and conceptual representations when using chemical processes. This can be then applied to the conservation of mass into different forms.
Sample Chemical Engineering Analysis
Name of the analyzer: Steven Marks
Study adopted: Study of chemical reactions occurring in multiple phases of matter at the thermodynamic equilibrium.
Objective: To incorporate the energy conservation theory in different forms of the energy and to analyze the chemical processes during the chemical reaction while undergoing heating and conversion.
- Developing the problems based on the information collected and identifying them.
- Using and understanding the process for problem solving
- Deriving and solving the material and energy equation balance.
- Applying the concept within the energy and material balance problems.
- Using reactive system which will include fractional conversion, combustion, yield and selectivity, excess reactants and limiting.
- Recycling and purging will be done.
- Single phase equilibrium which will include boiling point, triple point and vapor pressure.
- Use of Henry’s law for Gas and liquid systems.
- Thermodynamics will be applied for understanding internal energy, adiabatic, heat capacity, heats of reaction.