Mechanical engineering analysis is a system which uses the principles of mechanical engineering for various related problems in order to find a proper and relevant solution. This analysis procedure uses the principles of material science and physics for various reasons; starting from analyzing scientific designs to manufacturing of mechanical systems and its maintenance. This involves use of various resources for production purposes and some of these are heat and physical power for the operation of different equipment and tools.
This is essential for industrial purposes also. The analysis takes into account the fundamental concepts of mechanics, thermodynamics and kinematics. It also uses structural analysis and material sciences. These principles are used along with IT-supported engineering to analyze different industrial tools to be applied or being applied. Essentially, this process is used mostly in the field of robotics, aircrafts and even for creating war machinery and other such weapons.
Sample Mechanical Engineering Analysis
Company Name: Warren Smith Co.
Project: Study of pressure vessels in farming equipment
Aim: The purpose of this study is to understand whether there has been improper installation, manufacture and modification of the concerned equipment. There will be investigation of any accidents or issues faced during the use of the equipment.
Study will include:
- Changes in the materials used.
- Deviation from the original intended design.
- Incorrect assembly of the components.
- Missing parts.
- Alternations or removal of the security systems.
- Location of the equipment and related hazards.
Particular Areas addressed:
- Design of the pressure vessels and the intended use.
- Methods of manufacture used in order to identify defects.
- Installing and modifying the equipment.
- Application of hazard management.
- Codes and regulation standards used at the time of manufacture.
- Training and guarding processes.
- Operation and maintenance followed.
- Repairs done during the process.