The transportation network analysis is done to evaluate a certain transport network and determine specific factors through it. This analysis takes into account the flow of vehicles within the network created, the engineering of the network itself and the available modes of transportation. The data collected from the analysis is used for incorporating changes into the network as well as improve the overall transportation network. The transportation network analysis is required to be conducted by experts who will take heed of different aspects such as people, freight, types of vehicles etc. This analysis also needs to be comprehensive and lucid in its structuring and detailing.
Sample Transportation Network Analysis
Transportation Network: West Virginia Forest Transport [Highway 66]
The following analysis has been conducted by the ROOMS N US Corp.
Analysis Objective: The purpose of this analysis is to understand and increase the efficiency of the available forest transport system. This will also identify the available delivery systems for hardwood to industries and measure this capacity.
- The West Virginia Highway is used for supply of hardwood timber. This route that goes through the forest is used essentially by trucks that carry and deliver the timber to respective factories.
- Speed Limit: 58 km/ hour
- No. of current Primary Saw Mill locations: 34
- Distance/ Length covered by the roads: 3243 km
- No. of Bridges: 16
- Recent construction to roads:
- 2007: An intersection introduced in between Lane A and B
- In terms of efficiency and speed, the West Virginia Forest Transport has maintained its standards.